RERTR 2009 Venue
Meeting Venue - Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center
The Meeting venue will be:
Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa
50 Liangmaqiao Road, Chaoyang District,
Beijing 100125, P.R.C.
The Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center -located in the heart of Beijingís diplomatic and business district- is positioned northeast of the Forbidden City, the core centre of Beijing.
Visit the Hotel Information page for reservation information on the Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center.
Make sure you read the Visa Information section to prepare for your trip to China.
- Airport Limousine Transfer (one-way) with Kempinskiís Limousine
You will be greeted at your arrival gate and escorted to the private parking area. This service will expedite your way through the airport and will make it hassle-free.
Cost: ~ CNY 700 (~ $103 USD)
- Airport taxi
It is advisable to take only metered taxis.
Cost: (one-way) ~ CNY 137 CNY (~ $20 USD) - (including tollgate fees)
- Airport Express (part of Beijing Subway)
- At the airport (Terminal 3 and 2) take the Airport Express to the SanYuanQiao station,
- then take transfer Line 10 to the LiangMaQiao station (to south direction), and finally,
- walk eastbound for about 100 m to the Kempinski hotel.
- Download a copy of the Beijing Subway Map [,160KB, 1 page]
- Beijing Railway Station (30 minutes by car)
- Rental car services with drivers are available upon request. Please Note: Foreigners are not permitted to drive in Beijing without a Chinese Driverís License.
- Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center: Map & Directions - from hotel website
- Download Chinese Hotel Name & Address [, 247KB, 1 page]
- Download Beijing Subway Map [,160KB, 1 page]
- Download Aerial Map showing Points of Interest [, 247KB, 1 page]
- Beijing Capital International Airport - official web site, in English
- Getting around in Beijing - useful information from Lonely Planet website
The hotel is just 20 minutes drive from the Forbidden
City, Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven, Pearl Market, China International
Exhibition Centre and World Trade Exhibition Centre. The hotel is also
surrounded by many popular dining and entertainment outlets of Chaoyang and
For information on sightseeing tours of Beijing, for you and your guests visit the Social Program section of this web site.
For more information about Beijing:
- Běijīng Travel Information and Travel Guide from Lonely Planet website
- Beijing from Wikipedia web site
- Beijing travel guide from Wikitravel
- Beijing Weather Conditions (Yahoo Weather)
DISCLAIMER - Please understand that Argonne National Laboratory and the Nuclear Engineering Division are not responsible for the contents of any of the websites listed, other than any which originate within Argonne. No endorsement of any organization or site is intended by this linking, and none should be inferred.